Watertown city council hired Redevelopment Resources to create a revitalization plan for the city’s downtown and riverfront.
The city needed a central, attractive place for people to congregate.
We proposed the construction of a town square with an amphitheater on the Rock River.
- Administration of Commercial Rehab Revolving Loan Fund, capitalized with $300,000 in Round 1, recapitalized with an additional $300,000 in Round 2.
- New town square design by Smithgroup.
- Acquisition, relocation and demolition of entire city block on Main St. at the Rock River.
- Construct a town square with amphitheater on the Rock River
- Build a hotel on the city-owned lot next to the town square
- Complete the river walk
- Develop a commercial rehabilitation revolving loan fund
— Kim Erdmann, Executive Director, Watertown Economic Development Organization
"We have found the team at Redevelopment Resources to be a valuable partner as they provided great technical assistance, during the initial creation of our Economic Development Organization. They supported our start-up, giving guidance that included city interaction and committee structure that would support our vision. The year was a great success and we have […]"
Project Planner and Idea Generator
- City Council
- City staff
- Local stakeholders
- Impact Level